- Whole watermelons give around 3K XP each
- They can be found in the center of the map where the volcano is, making it a bit risky to retrieve them. They also spawn in lava patches in the Desert, as well as in the Arctic Volcano.
- When approximately 6 Water drops are shot at them (by pressing the
Skey), they will explode into watermelon slices.
AppearanceIt is simply a green circle, with vertical, darker green stripes on it.
- Not to be confused with Melon Slices, a similar type of fruit slice that spawns near Melons in the Desert biome.
- These are watermelons but in slices. Watermelon slices give more water.
- They come from watermelons, giving 900 XP per slice.
- Slices can be created by pressing the
Skey about 6 times onto the watermelon.
- Watermelon slices altogether will give more water than the regular watermelon.
AppearanceA single slice is a dark red semi-circle, with five black seeds on its left side
If you are a lower tier, you can shoot water at the whole watermelons to gain watermelon slices by approaching the volcano. If your animal is not immune to lava, be wary about your surroundings and make sure you do not get burnt.
Another good strategy with watermelons is to find a server with minimal players, and find a small lava pool in the server. Start spitting water at whole watermelons as a desert rat, while eating nearby food to level up. By the time you get to the fox tier, you will have enough watermelon slices to get you to the Vulture tier, or possibly even the Eagle tier.
As you progress to higher tiers, watermelons will be less XP-providing as before to your animal, but you can still eat watermelons as normal. Be aware of the higher tier animals immune to lava around the lava patches in the desert or at the volcano.
As Phoenixes, you can circle the volcano and eat them. they would spawn before you reach the other end (if you circle the whole thing). Be careful of Black and King Dragons and Land Monsters and cannibals, but on the plus side, there's holes and you have infinite lava.
As Black Dragons, you can do the same up to 20M XP. Then, you have 3 fireballs instead of 2.
- It gives a great amount of xp for a non-breakable object (like a Mushroom Bush); the first is large Meat, which is dropped by high-level creatures such as Dragons and Elephants.
- The safest way to eat watermelons without having to be a Dragon or Black Dragon is to be an Elephant and swing your trunk at the watermelons to eat them. However, watermelons do not give very much xp to high-tier animals such as elephants.
| Berry • Arctic Berry • Plankton • Lilypad • Mushroom • |
Red Mushroom • Mushroom Bush • Banana • Coconut • Water • Pear • Raspberry • Watermelon • Watermelon Slice • Carrot • Arctic Nut • Meat • Seaweed • Starfish • Kelp • Clam • Conch • Cloudberry • Egg • Golden Egg • Beehive • Honeycomb • Mango • Date • Orange • Cactus • Cactus Pear • Melon • Melon Slice • Aloevera • Aloevera Leaf • Chili Pepper • Dragon Fruit • Papaya • Papaya slice • Onion • • Cabbage • Peas Fossils • Carcass • Baked Turkey • Turkey Leg • Pumpkin Pie • Soccer Pumpkin