Lives well on land & water! (On land, Press W to go into your shell!)
- Upgrades from the Fox, Arctic Fox, Fennec Fox or Jellyfish once the player gains 4.2K XP.
- Upgrades to the Cobra, Giraffe, Stingray, Walrus, Snowy Owl or Camel at 7.9K XP.
- Can hide in whirlpools and large hiding holes.
- Can eat everything below itself except for Shrimp tiers, and is the first ocean animal to be able to eat mushroom bushes.
- Can be eaten by everything above itself.
- Moves 10% slower on land (much like Crab).
- Can climb hills and rocks in a river or on land.
- The turtle can hide in its shell by pressing
W(on land), like the Crab, which received the same feature the same day the turtle was added.
- It reduces damage and XP loss by 70%, and the Turtle's speed by 50%.
The turtle has a brown shell with 5 larger circles and 4 smaller ones all being a lighter tone than his shell. The head is circular and the tail is triangular. Both are green in color. When players enter their shell, the head and tail disappear, and only the shell is visible.
In terms of prey, Jellyfish is an effective and easy one. They turn very slowly, and you are a lot faster than it is. The Jellyfish also has short breathing time. You can also cut corners on islands. Just make sure it does not go into a kelp as that gives jellyfish a lot of XP and can even level them up.
Another easy prey is the crab as you can do everything they can do and they have low health. If chasing other ocean animals, cut corners around islands and you can probably eat them easily.
If you are getting chased by a predator, go on an ocean island if the chaser is an ocean animal or cannot go on islands (such as hippo). If the chaser can climb islands, they will most likely slow in water (Bear and Gorilla) and you can outrun them. When there are no options available, i.e. if being chased by predators that go on land and move fast in water, hide in your shell until you can escape again. That will at least prolong any consumption for other animals.
If you want to level up at lightning speed, go to the land and farm bees in a water spot. Each gives from 7K XP to 11K XP, which can level you up in an instant. The desert is also great for farming, go spit water at melons in lava spots.
- The turtle was added on November 28, 2016, along with the Seahorse, Jellyfish, and Stingray.
- It has the third longest tail of all mope.io animals, behind the squid, and kraken