Hint: Hold Left-click to RUN! (Uses extra water)
- Upgrades from the Mouse, Shrimp, Chipmunk or Desert Rat at 50 XP.
- Upgrades to the Crab, Mole, Chicken, Meerkat or Penguin at 200 XP
- Can only eat tier 2 foods (carrots, berries, dates, honeycomb), and all Shrimp tier animals.
- Can be eaten by all animals between Crab and Turtle.
- Can hide in both small and large hiding holes, and whirlpools.
- Has an Extra Boost ability like the Cheetah and Sea-horse. It will speed up and use a little extra water in the process.
The trout, when first upgraded, is perhaps the smallest animal in the game. It is also the first animal with a tail, which unlike most animals tails, cannot be bitten by its prey. Its body colored a rosy brown, with two pectoral fins, two adipose fins and one caudal fin. Two small sets of gills can be seen on both sides of the Trout's head.
Try to look for Shrimps and Mice in ocean. If you see a Mouse in the deep ocean, eat them easily. If you see a Shrimp, use your ability to quickly catch up. Both of these animals level you up fast, but it can be hard to catch them at times, so don't chase a particular Shrimp for too long.
Another strategy is to look for a Shark and eat the meat pieces produced when they use their ability on their prey. Just make sure it doesn't look like you're trying to annoy them or they'll use their ability on you!
A third strategy is to farm on a Healing Stone. They are purple colored stones that can level you up very fast. If you see a predator such as Crab on a healing stone, dive under the healing stone, so that you can use its effect while also evading predators. If you are running out of air, then retreat. Repeat until you are levelled up.
You can also use your ability to tail-bite predators. Look as though you're idle and then boost up to the predator's tail. The best one to do so on would be Squid - Sea-horses are hard to bite and the Jellyfish will sting you if you bite it.
Finally, you can farm plankton, the way you do with Shrimp. This method isn't as fast, but will boost your XP a little.
- When it was first released, the Trout had a glitched upgrade message, saying "Upgraded to Rabbit" instead of Trout. However, it was fixed the following day.
- The upgrade text has yet to talk about its ability. This trait is shared with Sea-horse, the Sabertooth Tiger, the Shark, and the Hippo.
- This has been changed - the upgrade messages of each animal listed now informs the chooser of the animal's ability.
- The upgrade message says that the ability uses extra water. However, this wouldn't matter since the Trout constantly lives in water.