- Is one of the spawning options at 0 XP, along with the Mouse, Chipmunk and Desert Rat.
- Upgrades to the Rabbit, Trout, Pigeon, Desert Chipmunk or the Arctic Hare at 50 XP.
- Can hide in both small and large hiding holes and whirlpools.
- Can only eat Berries, Plankton, and Water drops.
- It can be eaten by any other animal below Deer.
- When hurt, the Shrimp will sprint. This ability is passive and only happens the instant the Shrimp is hurt, not afterwards.
The Shrimp is one of the simplest and smallest animals in the game - only freshly-upgraded Rabbits, Trout, or Arctic Hares are slightly smaller. It is one of four animals without a tail, the other three being the Mouse, the Chipmunk, the Rabbit, the Trout, the Arctic Hare, and the Crab. It's base color is orange and features several embellishments, including its image-only tail, and slightly darker orange stripes. It has three small legs on each side, and 'feelers' on its face that branch off to the left/right.
If you can see one, the first thing you should do is use a Healing stone. If you can find a healing stone, your time as shrimp will only be a few seconds at most. Plankton bushes do give some XP, but a minimal amount.
Another strategy is to follow a Shark. Trail alongside it until it uses its bite power-up on another animal. The excess meat that comes from the animal being bitten will instantly level you up, potentially past Squid level if you're lucky enough to eat a lot of meat.
Be alert for Trout, Crabs, Sea-horses, and even Squid hiding in a plankton bush or healing stone you might want. Fortunately you won't have to worry about predators beyond Trout and the occasional Rabbit, since most larger predators consider it a waste of time to chase after Shrimp, as they give relatively little XP compared to bigger animals. Still, this does not mean you should run up and bite a Squid's tail! Be on the watch for squid ink because if you bite them and their ability is fully charged up, they can squirt out ink and stun you!
There's also a way that will let you level up fast and give you a good start boost. You have to stay as a Shrimp and look for a big animal outlined with red that'll most likely not care about eating you (Squid, etc.) and then bite their tail, if they try to eat you then run, if they don't, continue biting! This can be better explained in the video provided below.
- It used to have the lowest health of all animals, dying in just 2 bites, and nearly dying in a single bite. However, now it is the same as other animals from mouse to hedgehog and their equivelants (3 bites).