These are the official rules for the Mope.io Wiki. Please make sure to follow them; failure to follow the rules will result in a punishment from the admins. These rules are here to ensure the community exists in a peaceful environment. However, the most important rule here is common sense. Please don't try creating loopholes just because something isn't listed here; you can still be punished for acting out of order.
- Note: These rules may be updated/changed at any time if Staff feel it is necessary.
A more simplified section of the rules.
- Don't attack/harass others, and make them feel unwelcome.
- Don't use profanity, even if it is censored.
- Edits that do not align with the page layout guide will be reverted, unless an exception applies to a particular page. When reverting edits for this reason, try to explain why it was reverted in the edit summary.
- Do not spam in any area of the wiki, including the discussions, comments or message walls.
- Vandalous edits, including any edit that intentionally and unconstructively decreases the quality of any area of this wiki, will be reverted.
- The discussions is the only place that fan content is permitted to be showcased. When using the discussions, be sure to adhere to the Discussion guidelines.
- If a user breaks these rules, contact an administrator to inform them of it, and they will make appropriate decisions on the matter.
- Don't harass others, i.e. provoking others, deliberately trying to annoy them or constantly badgering someone about a topic that is complete. This can also be referred to as trolling.
- Vulgar/profane language is strictly prohibited, as this is a PG-13 wiki. Particularly using foul language against another user will most likely earn you a block, but it will be taken into consideration the context of using such language. Even if curse-words are censored when directed at another user, the word will be deleted.
- Discriminatory comments of any kind are not tolerated, and will also result in a block. If this is done in extremes, the block can potentially be infinite.
- Don't spam/flood message walls. If someone hasn't replied to your message yet, be patient. They may simply not have seen it yet, and everyone does have lives outside of FANDOM and can't be here every moment.
- Spam messages will be removed, and the user blocked.
- All behavioural rules apply. People should feel free to communicate with others via threads, and any sort of misconduct on message walls will result in the rule-violating message being deleted and the user being warned or blocked, depending on the situation.
- Do not necropost. Necroposting is when someone adds a new message to a thread that is 2 weeks old or more. For reporting them, please see a staff member by hovering over Top Navigation.
- Normally if a thread has been unanswered for 2 weeks, the topic has been resolved.
- This is mainly a nuisance for users that have participated in the thread, as they will be notified and have their time wasted by reading the thread.
- Initially you will be given a warning, and repeated offenses will at worst give you a 2 week block.
- When editing, vandalising anything is not allowed. This means defacing the article in an attempt to remove information or for trolling purposes. See Vandalism on Community Central for information about why vandalism is not allowed.
- Edit-wars on articles will result in the article being locked so that it can only be edited by content moderators and administrators.
- Edit-warring is when two or more users undo each others edits, due to both believing the other's edit is incorrect.
- Often edit-wars are in good-faith and meant to improve the article status, but regardless, edit wars will not be tolerated.
- Fanon content is not allowed on the mainspace pages of this wiki. "Fanon" refers to a fan-made idea that doesn't exist in Mope.io.
- You may add fanon content in the blog namespace, or by creating a post in the discussions.
- Any fan content added to main pages will immediately be deleted.
- If an animal has been confirmed from the Developers via Social media, it will be considered canon (real). However, links must be provided in order for it to be officially branded canon.
- When adding categories to articles, they must currently exist. Meaningless/spam categories will be reverted, and the user warned. This also means don't make duplicate categories.
Comments on mainspace articles have been enabled for the purpose of chatter about the article subject. Therefore, they should not be misused:
- Spam comments, that add no meaning to the article subject's conversation, will be deleted. This would refer to comments that say something such as "lol" or ".", UNLESS they are in reply to another user's comment. Otherwise, they will be deleted.
- Behavioural rules apply too; any comment that has the nature of attacking or harassing a user for their opinion will be deleted.
- All images that are uploaded to the wiki are to be PG-13 appropriate; NSFW images will instantly be deleted.
- The number of non-contributive images uploaded by users should be kept minimal. The term 'contributive images' refers to images that are used on articles, in templates, etc. Non-contributive images are ones uploaded by users for a personal purpose, e.g. for display on a user page. Non-contributive images are allowed to an extent, but should not be excessively uploaded.
- Images that are used for purposes such as spam or vandalism will be deleted instantly.
- Don't create unnecessary blogs, discussions or threads.
- Don't remove warnings.
- Don't upload inappropriate or illegal links/images/videos or ask for them.
- There generally isn't a named limit on how many accounts you have, as long as the quantity is within reason.
- If you abuse these accounts, your alternate account will be infinitely banned, and your primary account may receive a temporary ban depending on the context.
- Abusing these accounts includes using them to make extra votes for an important topic, or to break other rules. Additionally, using an alternate account to evade a current ban will cause the alt to be banned infinitely (most likely), and extend the ban on the primary account.
- If you wish to apply for a Staff position on the Mope.io Wiki, only one account can be given staff rights.
- If you were banned on an account, please don't create a new identity on a new account to evade a ban. If your sockpuppet account is discovered, it will be permanently banned.
Blocking is a last resort for rule-breakers; it will cut off editing privileges for users who have misbehaved. Administrators on the Mope.io Wiki are able to issue blocks to users.
Reasons for blocks
- Spamming, particularly in threads, comments or edits.
- Account names; if a user's username contains inappropriate language or is not a PG-13 name, it will be infinitely blocked unless the name is changed.
- Abuse of power or abuse of multiple accounts.
- In general, breaking Wiki Policies.
- For first-time offenders, blocks are typically no more than one month.
- However, continued rule-breaking can lead to longer ban durations, even a year.
- If you have been blocked twice already and still break wiki policies, you will most likely be infinitely blocked.
- If you are under 13 years old, you will be banned until you turn 13. If someone doesn't explicitly state their age but implies that they are under 13, the default duration will be a year.
Appealing a block
- If you want your ban to be lifted early, then you can ask the blocking administrator to appeal it.
- There is no guideline for how you do this, but if your appeal is disrespectful in any manner, the admin most likely will not unblock you.
- Community Central is the only wiki you can use to appeal blocks, otherwise it is considered cross-wiki stalking/harassment. and contact the blocking admin on their message wall there. Trying to appeal bans on any other wiki can increase the ban.
- In your appeal message, you must explain why you believe you should be unbanned at the very least.
- Do not continously message the admin. Message them once, and it can be considered.
- Using another account to circumvent a ban placed on your account is abuse of multiple accounts, and will cause an infinite ban placed on the sockpuppet.
- This wiki should not be used as a place to appeal your ban on another wiki. Community Central alone should be used for that. If a ban appeal message is left on any user's wall, it will be closed and the sender warned.
Please contact the admins if you need any help or have questions about anything wiki-related by clicking on the username of a staff member in the template below. We can always lend a helping hand!