Pigs move FAST through MUD! (Can use 'stink' in mud/hiding holes!)
UPGRADED to STINKY PIG!
Stinky Pig dives through MUD! (Can use 'stink' EVERYWHERE!!!)
- Upgrades from the Mole, Chicken, Penguin, Meerkat or Crab at 200 XP.
- Upgrades to the Deer, Gazelle, Flamingo, Reindeer or Squid at 450 XP.
- Can hide in small and large Hiding Holes, and whirlpools.
- Can eat berries, and is the first animal to be able to eat mushrooms. It can also eat all animals below it from Mole to Mouse tier.
- Moves at normal speed through lakes and a faster speed through Mud, making it easier to eat or bite the tails of animals in Mud and Lakes. It can also dive in mud.
- For some reason it is fast in Lava, but not immune to it. Apparently Animals that are fast in Mud are fast in Lava.
- You have a 1/250 of becoming a stinky pig. Stinky pigs can dive in Mud and, have more health have a much more powerful stink ability, that has a larger radius and deals much more damage. Its stink ability can also be used anywhere, even if the Pig isn't hurt.
- There is also a species of pig called the 'Pinky Pig'. It is like the normal Pig but its stink cloud has a slightly bigger distance, and it has more health.
The Pig is a somewhat larger low-XP animal. It has an elongated body, longer and narrower than most animals, and has classic pig features, such as the round snout, pointy ears, and squiggly tail. The Pinky Pig is darker and has ears that point back rather than forward.
Pinky Pig/Stinky Pig
Pinky Pig looks similar to the Pig, except it's a darker shade of pink. Its snout is a little smaller, it has larger, floppier ears that are perked up, and its tail is curled at a slightly different angle. The same physical appearance applies with the Stinky Pig, aside from its more light-pink skin color in comparison.
As a Pig
Use your speed in mud as an advantage. Not many animals can slide in mud quickly, so passing through the mud is very helpful when you are escaping predators. Also, if you are lucky enough, you may find prey in the mud. Moles and Mice are easy prey (unless the mole is digging), but Rabbits and Chickens will be harder to catch. However, the latter two can also be eaten easily in Lakes, where Pigs are also fast. However, beware Crocodiles in both mentioned environment, as they also move fast.
Many mushrooms and carrots spawn in the mud, as well as Berry bushes, so if you stay in mud, you will upgrade quickly. You can spit water drops by pressing
S at Red mushrooms so that they will turn into a combination of Mushrooms and Berries, and you can also use your Stink ability on Mushroom bushes to eat them, this is very helpful and will upgrade you to Deer level. In addition, eat ducklings in lakes; they instantly level you up. It is usually safe to go into Lakes and Rivers to farm Mushrooms; both generate tremendous amounts of food. If you do like risks, you can try to tail-bite slow predators in mud. Just make sure to escape before they turn around.
If you can manage to chase your prey into a Hiding Hole (this works especially well with Stinky Pig) then keep farting, trapping it inside. It will eventually die of thirst (make sure to watch your own water bar in between intervals).
An alternative defense mechanism is to use your Stink ability. If a predator is after you in mud (not very likely) stink it and then make your getaway. If it persists and chases you into a Hiding hole, wait for it to get in and stink it. That will keep it at bay long enough for you to get to mud so you can use it again.
As a Stinky Pig
Stinky pigs are very rare and thus, very dangerous. Their fart ability takes away 1/3 of any animal's health, plus thay are faster in water. The fart radius is 1.8 times of that of a normal pig. If you get it, stink predators or high tier animals to death, then get their xp.
Against a Pig
Pigs are fairly hard to kill due to their speed in mud and their ability. Their ability can be used when in mud, in a hiding hole, and when damaged. It will slow you down enough that the pig will get away. As a result, the best way to kill a pig is to corner, but this can be hard to do.
Pigs have a significant advantage in mud. They are fast and can use their ability at any time. Never chase a pig in the mud unless you can move quickly through their too. Animals that can move through mud are effective against pigs since it takes away their main defensive strategy.
Stinky Pigs are EXTREMELY dangerous in Mud, combined with your slowed speed and its extra-powerful ability. If one sees you in mud, he will literally fart you to death, combined with probably a couple tail bites. Even on regular land, they are pretty hard to kill, as they can fart anywhere.
- Pigs could not hide in Hiding Holes before the October 12, 2016 update, meaning pigs had no way of hiding before then.
- It is the first land animal to receive acceleration when entering water and mud, the next being Crocodile, not counting Mole, which can achieve this by digging.
- Pigs used to be able to kick animals out of holes using the stink ability. This is now limited to the Fox and Arctic Fox.
- Mope.io YouTuber Nation has become associated with pigs due to people calling him a pig in his Livestream. Sample called him a pig when his name was "Not a pig" and it has stuck ever since.
- The skin of stinky was leaked on reddit before it was added in game. However, Luca wasn't an official designer the time he designed and posted it. You can check the post here.