- Not to be confused with Oases, a terrain with similar mechanics, that can only be found in the Desert biome.
- They are large bodies of water, comparable to the size of the Volcano.
- Within lakes, there are islands. Ducks spawn there, and will lay eggs.
- Lake will automatically fill up your water bar if you stay inside but slow most animals down, similarly to mud.
- Any animal that moves slowly in water bodies, also moves slow in the water sections of lakes.
- Trees and hills tend to spawn around it.
- Lakes can spawn in the Land biome, but also spawn in the Arctic. The only difference is, land lakes are typically larger than Arctic ones.
- Three regular lakes spawn in Land (four if you include the poison lake), and 3 lakes spawn in Arctic
The Poison Lake, also referred to as the Death Lake is simply like a regular lake, except it will become poisonous overtime, causing any animal that wades in its waters to become poisoned (unless they are immune). Like the Oasis, water level will rise and fall overtime, with the lake sometimes drying up until there's only a small, non-diveable circle of water. It should be noted that Ducks and such do not spawn as normal in Poison Lakes. Animals that are immune to poison, such as the Giant Spider and Cobra are not affected in any way by the poison. The speed that each animal has is the same as regular lakes. Animals that do not have poison immunity will not be able to dive when the lake is poisonous. The poison lake will be at its poisonous climax when its water color drastically turns to a strong dark green which if your not immune to poison means that your pretty much guaranteed to die if you even barely touch it in that color. Over time, the poison intensity will rise and fall, varying from harmless to almost instantly-killing. The area used to be surrounded by hills, with typically one opening (sometimes two, depending on the map). Poison lakes are key spots for Giant Spiders, Pterodactyls and Golden Eagles to drop in predators/prey, and reap XP from them. Due to this, you should try avoid being around the poison lake unless you are an animal that can fly, or are immune to Poison or can climb hills.
Poison biomeThere was originally planned for there to be a mini biome based on poison, first mentioned around May 2017. It would have four animals that would spawn in it: the Hedgehog (formerly poisonous), Cobra, Boa Constrictor and Giant Spider. It was also hinted to be even more dangerous than the Volcano. However, it is strongly indicated that this scrapped biome was re-made into the Poison lake, due to its many similarities with the brief description given of the biome.
When the Poison lake was first released, it was slightly criticised for causing too much damage when the lake's poison levels were at maximum capacity. High Tier Animals such as the Monsters or even a Black Dragon could be instantly killed just by touching the lake once, since the effect would take a few seconds to wear off and by then you would die. As a result, it was nerfed on April 7, 2020.
- Ocean animals can go into lakes.
- There are 3-4 lakes in land, including the Poison lake.
- On some occasions, there was formerly a small chance that a lake will spawn half in the ocean, half on the land. These are the only times where plankton bushes, bushes, seaweed, kelp, lake islands, berry bushes and waterspots can all be found in the same place.
- This phenomenon can still occur within rivers.
- The poison lake originally didn't do a lot of damage all at once until the March 12, 2020, buff. On April 7, 2020, the damage was nerfed by x2.
- On the update on September 23 2017, the 3 poison animals were added, and later in 2019 Poison Lakes added.
- If a Poison Lake is created with half of one side within the Amazon Rainforest biome, there will be no hills on that side since hills cannot spawn in the Rainforest.
|Bush • Berry Bush • Water Spot • Plankton Spot • Hiding hole • Cave • Hill • Rock • Mud • Lake • Island • Ice • Snowball • Whirlpool • River • Volcano • Beehive • Quicksand • Oasis • Tree • Web|