You got firestreams that burns your victim alive! Watch your tail and slap them hard!
- Not to be confused with the Black Dragon, the previous variant of the King Dragon that comes before it.
- Upgrades from the Black Dragon by killing one each of the following animals; Dragon, T-REX, Kraken, King Crab, Phoenix, Yeti, Pterodactyl, Land Monster, Ice Monster, Dino Monster, Sea Monster, Giant Scorpion and Black Dragon.
- It can also be chosen an upgrade option at 10M XP instead of the Black Dragon. However, this requires pure luck; the chances of this phenomenon occurring are 1/1000.
- Downgrades to the Land Monster (if in the Volcano), Dino Monster (if in Land), Sea Monster (if in the Ocean), Ice Monster (if in the Arctic) or Giant Scorpion (if in the Desert) if its XP is reduced to 9.5M (this can only happen through tail-biting).
- The King Dragon has two special abilities. They are:
- A Firestream; when pressing
W, the King Dragon will emit a semi-circle of flames.
- Tail slap; when pressing
S, the King Dragon will use its tail to slap animals that are within a close radius. A single slap generally can kill animals below tier 15 instantly, if not extremely weaken them (Monsters and Black Dragons cannot be one-shot by it). The closer an animal is, the more lethal the damage.
- A Firestream; when pressing
- If two or more King Dragons are in a server, upon the new King Dragon's upgrading, both King Dragons will forcibly be sent to the 1v1 arena. If there are more than two King Dragons in a server (e.g 3), the third King Dragon will be unaffected until the first two King Dragons have completed their 1v1. This process will continue until only one King Dragon is alive in the server.
- It has the most skins out of all animals in the Shop. However, the skins have no extra powerup that the normal King Dragon doesn't (they aren't a species of the king dragon).
The King Dragon has quite a resemblance to Black Dragon, except its wings are wider and flap slightly, a darker shade, the eyes and noses are red, and the body is rimmed with many spikes, and the tail has a bone on it. It pretty much a glorified black dragon with many extra details that make it distinct. It is also bigger than a Black Dragon even if they have the same amount of XP. As it loses Lava, the King Dragon will turn darker shades of black, and will be completely black when at almost no lava (the color change is different, depending on which skin you're using).
Obtaining the King Dragon
The only two methods to get King Dragon are to level up from Black Dragon by killing all apexes, monsters, another Black Dragon, or to get lucky with a 1/1000 chance of getting a King Dragon since you will automatically 1v1 any other King Dragons in the server. From there it is a battle of skill. Another strategy (based on luck) is to team with another BD until they have nearly all apexes, then kill them. There are three main strategies to get all your apexes (you can use a combination):
- This strategy is relatively hard (you need enough teammates) but quite a bit easier than 1v1ing and nothing compared to Solo Hunting.
- Basically what you do is team with people who are the apexes you need and ask them to let them kill you. You can't do this with every single apex (there isn't gonna be one of every apex willing to die for your KD, and if you kill an apex that you've killed in the last 30 mins it won't count) so the player will have to combine this with the next strategies.
- You can also use Pterodactyls, Golden Eagles, Pakistan Vultures,shabaz/golden shabaz. to grab the apexes you need and bring them to you, or use something like a Dino Monster to chase/knock an apex in your direction for you to kill.
- Also, if you kill another Black Dragon, you get all his/her apexes, so try to kill one that's killed a lot of apexes. This is more of an ideal strategy for if you are very skilled at 1v1.
- After achieving King Dragon, the player will probably be expected to provide compensation for any other players that helped, which would usually be in the form of tail-biting. Be wary of XP.
- This strategy is much harder than Teaming, but easier than Solo Hunting.
- It should only be attempted if the player is extremely skilled at 1v1. There is no way to tell whether anyone could easily kill the player, but
- The aim is to beat each of the apexes you need in a 1v1 fight in one go. 1v1 a Black Dragon who has a lot of apexes (the more XP they have, the more apexes they most likely would have killed), but beware that those that have the most apexes are the best.
- For 1v1 tips go here.
- You can go to an apex's biome to 1v1 it, or you can have a teammate bring one to you. Most biomes are relatively safe in terms of lava bar preservation, but bear in mind that the Black Dragon is subject to debuff in the Arctic.
- This is the hardest strategy, as you have to go into an apex's respective biome to have more chances to find one.
- Land Monster and Phoenix are the easiest apexes to kill because they live in the Volcano, and you can kill them without having to go anywhere. You might even find a Dragon there.
- Desert is a crucial biome to go to because there you will find some of at least four apexes there: Pterodactyl, T-REX, Dino Monster, and Giant Scorpion. You are no longer able to regain lava in the lava spots as Black Dragon and King Dragon. You may find a Phoenix or Land Monster there because of the Lava spots there.
- Land is where you will find most of your apexes: Land Monster, Dino Monster, Dragon, T-Rex, Yeti, Phoenix, and possibly King Crab and Ice Monster. Roam around the area (watch out for your Lava bar) and kill apexes you see.
- The Ocean and Arctic are the hardest biomes for you to hunt in, as there isn't any Lava for you. The Ocean is harder than the Arctic because of diving and whirlpools - Sea Monsters, Krakens, and King Crabs can just dive and keep going to whirlpools forever. You'll probably have to 1v1 or team your way out of this one (Krakens are sometimes willing to 1v1, but King Crabs and Sea Monsters probably won't, so you might have to team with them and ask them to let you kill them). You could probably kill a Yeti or Ice Monster that strays into the Land, but in the Arctic, Ice Monsters have a better chance to fight you off and Yetis will have a better chance to escape. Again, you'd probably have to 1v1 your way out of it. While in the Ocean watch out for Sea Monsters that have teamed up as they can continuously use their whirlpool and stop you from leaving the ocean, eventually killing you of lava loss (you don't take damage from the Sea Monsters ability as Black Dragon).
Playing as King Dragon
If you get a King Dragon, congratulations! It is the highest level/maximum achievement in Mope.io. There's nothing really you need to do to progress, except be careful around animals that could potentially kill you in large numbers (e.g. T-Rexes, Dino Monsters or Ice Monsters). King Dragons now take damage if they have no lava; be cautious of this. Another thing to be extremely careful of is downgrading. Unlike the Black Dragon, if a King Dragon is downgraded and has less than 10M XP, it will be downgraded to the Mouse rather than whatever monster is equivalent to the biome it's in. Additionally, when you die, you respawn at Mouse tier. So make sure you try to bypass the 10M XP mark or so, by killing lots of animals. Other than that, have fun trying to dominate the whole server!
If someone tries to tailbite you, don't bother. Just react quickly. Quickly press S and tail-slap them away. They'll be dead in an instant and you'll be plentiful in XP. But if there are monsters (especially Ice Monster and Dino Monsters), You should be careful, as they have more health than apexes.
Against a King Dragon
This animal is the hardest one to kill in Mope.io. It can one-shot kill nearly all animals with the powerful tail-slap, and extremely weaken animals with its fire-stream. When going against one, use at least an apex tier or an OP rare if you really want a tailbite, otherwise, it’s best to run. Your only equal chance against a King Dragon is in the 1v1 arena but even here, the KD will likely be good at 1v1, if you can get them to accept, which is unlikely.
Since the #GoldenAge update of December 2019, King Dragons can die of lava loss. If you can manage to lure one far out into the Ocean, Arctic or Desert, lead them as far away from Healing Stones as you can. King Dragons do exceptionally well in the Desert biome, so the best way of escaping them is to flee to the Arctic. As this is the one biome KD's take freezing damage from (and due to quicker lava loss), it may be reluctant to stray too far in.
If you manage to get together a team of T-REXes, Dino Monsters or Bigfoots (even a combination of each aforementioned animal), or team of toucans theoretically you would have a chance of killing a King Dragon. When attempting to kill one with sheer force, be passive-aggressive. Stay a safe distance away, otherwise the King Dragon will easily annihilate any animal. Appropriately, Dino Monsters should try tossing King Dragons far away from the lava; T-Rexes should drag them around whilst they are distracted, and Bigfoots should do the same.
King Dragons will probably try to trick you into being killed by them, so be aware of that. They may say: "Kill me" or "Bite my tail." Then, if you try to bite their tail, they will slap you hard and severely damage you, instantly killing you if you're Apex tier or below. Because of this, be wary of being near the radius of a King Dragon's tail unless they are distracted.
- It is the only animal to receive more than two skins when the Golden Age update was applied to live Mope.
- The no longer upcoming Red King Dragon (rumored as the Great Red) is the 3rd skin made by a non official artist that got added into the game, it is also the first unofficial KD skin to be announced. It was created by Feesh and posted on Reddit.
- KOA edited the ’Great Red’ and changed the wings, eyes, and body design and renamed it ‘Queen Scarlet’. This skin costs 30K coins.
- By vote from the community, it is the most OP animal in mope.io at the moment.
- The first person to reach the King Dragon (without Developer Mode) was MopeTuber ProZ CrayZ.
- The fastest solo King Dragon run was performed by the MopeTuber Dreamer; going from Mouse to King Dragon within 6 minutes and 58 seconds.
- Queen Scarlet is the first KD skin to ever get a reskin.
- Feesh confirmed over on reddit that King Crimson was going to be a planned shop skin, however it got scrapped because there were no major shop updates for it..
- In an old teaser, KOA showed that there was going to be a Tail Slap ability for Black Dragon pressing
Eand if you were in the water the slap would make a wave. This ability never was released. However, this scrapped ability was added to the KD.
- If King Dragon reaches below xp than 10M, it will downgrade to mouse.
- You can get King Dragon by luck, chance to get it instead of Black Dragon - 1/1000.
- When King Dragon is getting little lava, his wings get more darker. Same thing happens with Black Dragon.