- Ice spawns commonly throughout the Arctic biome. It is like the counterparts of Mud and Quicksand: some animals can move around easily on it, others can't.
- Animals that don't have grip on ice will have trouble turning, and when building up speed or boosting, can slide at extremely fast paces. Animals such as Snow Leopard can have massive boosts on them, for escape or to catch up with prey.
- Certain arctic animals have grip on ice, allowing them to move as per normal. This trait is exclusive to arctic animals, the list is as follows:
- Of all Arctic animals, the Chipmunk, Arctic Hare, Snowy Owl, Snow Leopard and Arctic Fox are the only ones that lack any advantageous trait when on ice.
Ice is a large blue circle, with various terrain and entities on it. It is in the same shape as mud patches, lakes and quicksand; a slightly lopsided circle with overlapping ice on the border.
If your animal has good grip on ice, use it to easily eat and kill any prey that is stuck on there. Ice has no direct uses; the food that spawns there is normally mediocre and ice istelf won't benefit you. However, using ice to build up speed is also a good idea. Cheetahs and Snow Leopards can go shooting across at great speeds when using their boost ability; any speed-related ability can help you make a quick getaway/chase if needed.
- Ice was added on the December 28 2016 update.
- It is the Arctic equivalent of mud except it doesn't slows and instead hard to turn.
- One time KoA made multiple ice patches move from the Arctic into the Land biome, so that land animals were able to slide on it all the way to the desert, as seen in one of Fortish's videos.
|Bush • Berry Bush • Water Spot • Plankton Spot • Hiding hole • Cave • Hill • Rock • Mud • Lake • Island • Ice • Snowball • Whirlpool • River • Volcano • Beehive • Quicksand • Oasis • Tree • Web|