You can kick players out of hiding holes! (Press W when in one)!
+ Hide in red berry bushes!
- Not to be confused with the Arctic Fox or Fennec Fox, the Arctic and Desert counterparts of the Fox, respectively.
- Upgrades from the Deer, Squid, Flamingo, Reindeer or Gazelle at 5K XP.
- Upgrades to the Zebra, Turtle, Donkey, Muskox or Warthog at 12K XP.
- Is the first animal that can hide inside Berry Bushes.
- Can eat Rabbits, Pigs, Deer, berries, Moles Mushrooms, Plankton, Blackberries, Seaweed, Starfish, and Red Mushrooms.
- Can be eaten by the Zebra to Dragon and their equivalents.
- Has the ability to pull animals out of hiding holes and whirlpools. It works on all animals from Rabbit to Crocodile.
The Fox has a more bushy tail and a head separated from the body, as well as a more robust head. It has dark orange body fur, and tufts of fur that stick out. Its appearance is much like that of its cousins, the Fennec Fox and Arctic Fox, aside from its fur color. The Gold Trimmed Fox has the appearance of thicker fur and bigger ears that point up. It has a gold tail as well as gold ear fur and a marking on its back, gold eyebrows and a gold underbelly.
The Fox's best ability is hiding in berry bushes. Use this ability to your advantage. You can hide and camp in a berry bush to wait for your prey, or you can simply chase after prey; since they cannot pass through berry bushes, you should have an easy time catching them. If they go into a hole you can use your ability to kick out your prey and then continue chasing them. If you are being chased by a predator, hide in the nearest hole. If the predator goes in, use your ability and run. You can also troll; go into a cave, wait for animals to come in, then bite their tail.
You can also go to a river to eat Red mushrooms, Pears and Starfish, or to the volcano, and you will find lots of watermelons. Spitting at them by pressing 'S' will produce slices. A couple of them will give enough XP to instantly level up. Kelp is another alternative to level up fast. However, it's a little more risky, as the Fox can't swim well. Avoid ocean predators such as the Turtle if you level up there.
You can use your ability to troll people as you can camp in a large hiding hole and kick other players out to their doom. It’s fun to see their reactions. Simply wait until an animal that can fit in your hiding hole is going in to hide from a predator. When they go in, kick them out. If the predator went in they will also be kicked out, and if they didn’t the prey will most likely barrel into them. Either way, the prey will be right back in danger of dying.
In the earlier days of the Fox's release, it was hated for being able to kick out any animal from hiding holes. This meant that when teaming with a high tier such as a Black Dragon, its prey wouldn't stand a chance of hiding from the Black Dragon. In later updates, its ability was limited to affecting only animals from Crocodile tier and below.
- Fox has existed since the game was first released.
- Previously it upgraded to Deer.
- Until the October 22nd update, the Fox upgraded from the Pig at 1.4K experience. Until November 11, it upgraded to the Deer at the same number.
- Originally, it was the only animal that upgraded from something else and upgraded to something else, upgrading from the Mouse and to the Lion.
- Technically, it was moved twice around the upgrade chain, as it was the second animal but was then moved to fourth, then to fifth.
- From Mouse To Lion.
- From Pig To Lion.
- From Pig To Deer.
- From Pig To Mole.
- From Mole To Deer.
- From Deer to Zebra.
- It is one of the 7 orange animals, being Octopus, Shrimp, Tiger, Meerkat, Gazelle, and Phoenix.
- It has a white, almost identical counterpart similar to the Rabbit, Bear, Duck, and Cheetah.