The Developers, also abbreviated as Devs, collectively work to install new updates, fix problems and overall make Mope.io as best as it can be. See this section for the full list of developers that are still part of the team. Click here to see resigned developers and designers.
- 1 Current Developers and designers
- 2 Former Developers and designers
- 3 Notes and references
Current Developers and designers
AddictingGames.com, also known as Addicting Games is a popular games website that acquired Mope.io on September 12, 2020. Their website is located here, and Mope.io specifically is sectioned here. They have not changed any aspects of the game so far, but apparently aim to fix many current issues, namely lag. The head of Addicting Games is Bill Kara, who is also considered the CEO of Mope.io. He posted an 'AMA' on Reddit, where he answered questions that the community had and Addicting Games' plans for Mope.io.
- Although much of the fanbase assumed the Addicting Games acquisition would result in changes to the development team, Stan confirmed that this will most likely not happen.
Stan Tatarnykov, better known as Clickstan, is an advisor and the creator of Mope.io. He lives in Toronto, Canada and has Ukrainian origins. Clickstan used to be the head developer and owner of the game, but stepped down after selling it to Addicting Games. He stated that this is mostly due to him not having the same motivation and creativity as he had upon Mope.io's initial release on October 6, 2016. However, he is still part of the dev team in order to assist and provide feedback on updates.
- On the Mope.io Subreddit, his flair image is a black version of the Dragon.
- He was the only developer until October 29th 2016, when Pike joined as a designer. He then came back in 2020 to be a co-developer of Mope.io.
- He made a game called "Floppy Worm" and uploaded various "Runescape" gameplay videos on his YouTube channel.
King Of Agario
King Of Agario, also known as "Mope.io Dev King Of Agario" on YouTube, commonly abbreviated to KOA, is the co-developer of mope.io. Like Pike, he had a YouTube channel where he uploaded teasers of various animals. KOA has added many influential features such as the Eagle, and contributed to the #GoldenAge update.
- KOA originally left the subreddit in early 2018, but rejoined on August 19, 2020, and is now a moderator on there.
- His flair on the subreddit used to be another version of the Red Dragon.
- He also is the owner of MopeX, a mod pack on the chrome web store for Mope.io
- In the about description of the YouTube channel Mope.io Dev King of Agario, it says "King of Agario aka Shahbaz."
- In the outro of some of KoA's videos, it has been stated that MopeTubers Fortish, NoobHimself and SK are official media partners of mope.io.
- KoA had a pet chicken named Chiku who was rescued in a storm. Unfortunately, Chiku died on June 28, 2020.
Shaun Goodwin is one of the current official Mope.io designers. During November of 2018, Shaun was hired by Stan as a trial designer for mope.io. He was promoted to a official Mope.io designer sometime around late-December of 2018/early-January of 2019. He created/edited a majority of the desert animals and was the first to create an animated animal other than the Phoenix in Mope.io. (Fennec Fox) Shaun has a Reddit, Discord, YouTube, and FANDOM account.
- Shaun created two graphics known as the rock and hill textures for mope.io two years prior to being an official Mope.io designer. You can find Shaun credited in the updates under the update titled "Update(Jan 13) Dragon fire!" from 2017.
- He created over half of the current rare animals as of October 2, 2019.
- Shaun has worked with Luca Anker, Sam.ple, and the Titans of Art, making him the first designer to officially work alongside other mope.io designers/artists.
- Shaun created the most variants for a single animal. This animal is the lion which has three main variants; the lion, lioness, and lion cub. Each one having neutral, white, and black variants. The lion, having a black-maned variant, which makes a total of 10 different animal variants on a single animal.
- KoA claimed Shaun is the "King of Titans", which is in reference to the Titans of Art. The Titans of Art were the group of trial designers chosen by Stan. One of the trial designers happened to be Luca, one of the new designers.
- Shaun Goodwin is the creator and owner of the official mope.io Discord server.
Luca Anker (many people know him as Physeter), is the full-time mope.io designer and he works along with Shaun. He was hired as a trial designer in June of 2019 and was considered as a official designer around late-July/early-August of 2019. He designed most of the shop animals, as well as the Markhor.
- He is Brazilian and 14 years old as of April 6, 2020
- Along with Shelby and Syed, he is considered one of what KOA calls "The Titans of Art", which are the trial designers chosen by Stan in the "designer application of 2019". KOA mentioned them in the description of the #GoldenAge Teaser
- Luca is called "L(S)uca" in the description of the Golden Age Teaser as a joke because oddly enough, all current members of the Mope.io Team have names starting with the letter "S".
- He was also one well-known subreddit artist, and got hired nearly 1 year later he joined the subreddit.
- He also made the knight dragon and he was inspired by Shirley, and Advisory.
Syed Galib is one of the mope.io helpers. He was hired as a trial designer in June of 2019 along with Luca Anker and Shelby. He created some of the #GoldenAge animals and the donkey rares. He is also a veteran player who joined mope around one month after its initial release.
- Syed is now a snail (who knows why...)
- His name in-game is "I'm Syed :I", which is commonly stolen by imposters!
- He is 17 years old and was born on December 4, 2002.
- You can find him by chance in New York, and Miami servers. (more likely in New York1 or 2)
- He a DonOfMope.... And a snail... and some giant healing stone dragon.... he gon' make up his mind being one of them or what?
- Comes every time as a chat moderator on KoA's YouTube livestreams/premieres.
- Syed has a reddit account here, and a FANDOM account.
Vix Star was hired as a trial designer in October of 2019 along with Lapis Lazuli. The mope.io team promoted him to official designer along with Lapis on November 15th.
- He is 15 years old.
- He isn't very well know on the subreddit and got hired after joining for 2 months.
- His in-game name is Vix.
- Vix usually plays on New York or Miami servers.
- Funnily enough, Vix and Lapis' promotions to new trial designers ruined the 'S' chain of developers' names.
Advisory Separability was hired as a trial designer in November of 2019. On November 15th, the mope.io team decided he would be a mope.io helper. (He is also known as Advisory, Allivisory, or Daniel, according KoA)
- Because of his inability to get Skype he initially wasn't chosen, but later on he was able to get Skype to join the trial Designers.
- He was introduced to the developers by Luca Anker, and later on the designers decided to accept him.
- He is the first Mope team member with a name that starts with the letter 'A'
- His Signature Animal is the Alligator which gives the name Allivisory.
- Advisory Separability has a reddit account.
Makoshark12, also known as Mako was hired on June 3, 2020. According to KoA, he has been accepted as an official member of the design team without any trial-run. Mako's Dolphin skin was accepted as the final design.
- He has a reddit account, and the art that he posted there is what influenced KoA's decision to hire him.
- He likes sharks.
- He's Argentinean.
- Mako is the second member of the Mope.io Team to be from South America and the first to speak Spanish natively.
Feesh, also known as Alez, became a helper on June 27, 2020. On August 10th, he was promoted to official designer status.. He's known for creating Great Red which KOA added as Queen Scarlet. He is also a moderator on the Subreddit and a Discord admin.
- He is 15 years old.
- Feesh also posts art on Reddit, his account being here.
- He claims he has been making mope art from around the games launch, with the help of most of the official designers at the time (Slug, Sam.ple, Shaun Goodwin).
- He is the creator of a Mope Discord Rich Presence Extension that was rumored to come out but got delayed because of anti-mod updates.
Former Developers and designers
Pike was the first designer of mope.io and he has made all of the original animals' skins and flairs. He isn't a current designer, however. On 10/12/2017, he resigned.
- Pike was the first official mope.io designer. He was the second person to take part in developing mope.io after Clickstan
- Pike is French and is 18 years old.
- His image flair is black kraken on the mope.io subreddit.
- He went on to create a new .io game called Leevz.io.
TheGiantSlug was one of the mope.io designers for nearly 2 months. He is American and is 15 years old. Along with Pike, he resigned from mope designing. TheGiantSlug stated he left because "KOA is an awful person to work with", and he has designing jobs elsewhere.
- He has a YouTube channel where he posts art challenges and gaming videos, namely BuildRoyale.io, along with former dev SirNathan.
- TheGiantSlug made the old Sea Monster skin.
SirNathan was the third designer for Mope.io. He was hired by Stan for a week before getting fired because he refused to work under KoA's instructions. SirNathan has a reddit account linked here, and was one of the well-known subreddit artists. His work has been featured by many MopeTubers.
- He was one of the few designers featured in Teddy Bear mods, the once leading mope.io mod.
- SirNathan has a YouTube channel where he does BuildRoyale.io videos, along with former dev TheGiantSlug.
Sam.ple was hired by Stan in February 2018. Sam.ple's former names were Err0r and DaRealPhoneix (- Real) Sam.ple modernized the bird style for mope.io, and created the Phoenix. However, resigned from designer status due to his studies but returned 8 months later. After a few months he made a community rant on the mope.io subreddit and left mope completely.
- Sam.ple announced his resignation in the mope.io subreddit on 01/06/2019. He resigned due to having little time for mope.io work, instead, to pursue his university studies.
- Sam.ple still helps the Mope.io Team with designs whenever he has time.
- He is the first designer to return after resigning from their official rank as mope.io designer.
- He has a YouTube channel, and has made some collaborations with other MopeTubers such as Fortish and Nation.
Shelby was hired as a trial designer in June of 2019 along with Luca Anker and Syed Galib, but after Luca Anker was chosen as official designer she resigned. She made some of the Golden animals and the Demon Fish.
- Work in progress
Lapis Lazuli (Some people know him as Pidge Pedalo Pablo or AnnoyingPigeonDog) was hired as a trial designer in October of 2019 along with Vix Star. He was promoted to official designer along with Vix Star on November 15th. He was removed from the team on December 18th.
- He is 14 years old.
- Before he was hired as a trial designer, he created the Emerald (A.k.a. Green or Peridot Pterodactyl) and Blue (a.k.a. Shiny or Aquamarine Pterodactyl) pterodactyls, Prisma Toucan, and the Black and Woolly Rhinos (He worked with Shirley on the rhinos).
- His Signature Animal is the Pigeon/Dove and the Lapis Lazuli Dragon.
- Lapis was also one well-known subreddit artist, and got hired nearly 1 year later he joined the subreddit. He still frequently uses the subreddit to post art and make comments.
- He is a mix of Chinese and Polish.
- You can find him mostly on New York, Chicago or Frankfurt servers.
- He has a FANDOM account called LapisLazuliThePedalo, and a reddit account - mostly uses reddit to post re-skins and other art of Mope.io animals.
Notes and references
- https://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/2020-09-11-addicting-games-acquires-mope-io-game (September 11, 2020). Retrieved on September 14, 2020.
- https://www.reddit.com/r/mopeio/comments/izyq4e/ama_with_bill_kara_on_thursday_october_1st_at_9am/ (September 26, 2020) (Retrieved on September 27, 2020)
- https://www.reddit.com/r/mopeio/comments/j3bk0m/ama_with_bill_from_mope/ (October 1, 2020). Retrieved on October 9, 2020
- https://www.reddit.com/r/mopeio/comments/idsohl/why_i_came_back/ (August 21, 2020). Retrieved on August 22, 2020.
- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ijhhcmUQ72M Retrieved on June 29, 2020
- https://www.youtube.com/post/UgxP-htsWhGbLhmoBFJ4AaABCQ (June 28, 2020). Retrieved on June 29, 2020
- https://www.youtube.com/post/Ugz_LNtzv7KOcbN9GWV4AaABCQ (Retrieved on June 4, 2020).
- https://www.youtube.com/post/UgylWLQU9Jlt3ecRNz14AaABCQ?lc=UgyoXWlqLzJGYpmHmvl4AaABAg.99L_VzL-dcZ99LdIl2akU9 Retrieved on June 4, 2020
- His status on discord was changed to "mope.io helper"
- His status on discord was changed to "mope team"