Dates are a food source that were released with the Desert update, and will spawn randomly across the Desert.
- They spawn in most places around the desert biome.
- Provide 5 XP for lower tiers, maixmum of 14 XP.
- All animals that are not physically affected by cactus pears can move right over them without their movement being obstructed.
The date has a rounded, slightly rectangular shape. The color is a reddish-brown and there is a hole at the bottom of the fruit.
Eating dates is a crucial strategy at tiers 1-4. They are most beneficial for the Desert Rat and Desert Chipmunk, whilst the Meerkat and Armadillo will probably eat Cactus Pears as an alternative. Eating just a few is enough to level you up quickly from tier 1.
- When the desert food was first released, the date used to give more than 20 xp and grew in trees and bushes. It is now found next to Hills in the desert.
- Desert chipmunks can create dates with their 'spit food' ability.
- This and the Cactus Pear now do not physically affect animals from Vulture tier and above.
| Berry • Arctic Berry • Plankton • Lilypad • Mushroom • |
Red Mushroom • Mushroom Bush • Banana • Coconut • Water • Pear • Raspberry • Watermelon • Watermelon Slice • Carrot • Arctic Nut • Meat • Seaweed • Starfish • Kelp • Clam • Conch • Cloudberry • Egg • Golden Egg • Beehive • Honeycomb • Mango • Date • Orange • Cactus • Cactus Pear • Melon • Melon Slice • Aloevera • Aloevera Leaf • Chili Pepper • Dragon Fruit • Papaya • Papaya slice • Onion • • Cabbage • Peas Fossils • Carcass • Baked Turkey • Turkey Leg • Pumpkin Pie • Soccer Pumpkin