UPGRADED to Black Dragon!
Black dragons drink lava instead of water! Black dragons only heal on healing stones/lava!
- Upgrades from Land Monster, Sea Monster, Ice Monster, Dino Monster, or Giant Scorpion at 10M XP.
- Downgrades to Land Monster (if in Lava) Dino Monster (if in Land) Sea Monster (if in the Ocean), Ice Monster (if in the Arctic) or Giant Scorpion (if in the Desert) at 9.5M XP. The only way this happens is by being tail-bitten back to 9.5M.
- The Black Dragon is the final (other than King Dragon) in Mope.io.
- Reaches its maximum size at 40M XP.
- Unlocks Triple Fireball at 20M XP.
- Drinks lava instead of water.
- It will evolve into the King Dragon by 1/1000 luck, or by killing the following apex tier animals;
- Can fly over everything, like the Dragon.
- Immune to ink.
- Only heals with Healing Stones or by eating other animals.
- Immune to Desert Heat.
- The Black Dragon has a passive ability where, if you are close to another Black Dragon, you will lose health in intervals and be unable to use healing stones.
- There can only ever be 3 black dragons on a map at a time. If there is a fourth, similarly to the king dragon, the fourth dragon will be put into an arena battle.
The Black Dragon is like a larger version of the Dragon, except it has a black body and bat-like orange wings. It also has more details near the snout and Along it’s back. However, if a Black Dragon is at low lava, its wings will turn from orange to grey, to a dark black. On it's back, there are three double-pointed spines. It has a devil's tail, and it is the first animal to be added whose eyes are shaped in ovals to look mad, even though it does not look very mad.
Golden Black Dragon
The Golden Black Dragon looks similar to the Black Dragon, except it is gold. The ridges on its back are more noticeable, and defined a little more. The wings are slightly more pointy, branching off to the sides a bit. A main difference is that the Golden Black Dragon's face/snout is pointier than the others'.
The Azure Bringer has many spikes on its back, and the patterns there are mostly different shades of dark blue, even purple for some. The wings branch to the sides even more than the Golden Black Dragon, and the Azure Bringer's "devil's tail" looks like a 'T' with a point coming up.
You hang around the Volcano, as you survive by drinking lava. Use the big Healing Stone in the Lava if your health drops too low. You can also hunt this way, you can see if prey comes, and if some do, keep your tail in the Lava and shoot fire from them. Then use your increased speed in lava to your advantage. Cut through to get to them fast. Get in front of them and use the bubbling cauldron of death to trap them. However, distance yourself from other Black Dragons, as you won't be able to use it if another is too close.
A good way to get to 20M is to circle around the Volcano and eat Watermelons. You can easily get rid of competition with smaller animals, as you are faster than they are. With other Black Dragons, fight them and don't die.
Try not to go into the Ocean since you cannot dive and there will be a lot of tail-biters trying to dive under you and get you by surprise. Also since the Ocean is far away from the Volcano, you will have a harder time of healing if there are a lot of people teaming up.
As you have lots of XP, you should be wary of tail-biters. If anyone approaches your tail, turn around and attack them, and pursue them at all costs (each tail-bite makes you lose from 200K-400K XP).
Other Black Dragons may attack you. If this occurs, you will have to fight to the death. Beware of the other Black Dragon's fire; try to use your own. Don't take the risk of bargaining with them as a team unless you have 20M XP or more because you never know if they'll turncoat and attack! (Use 1v1 arena if you don’t want to use fire. If they decline your request, use it.)
If you are at low HP, do not worry about animals that are Hippo or below, unless they are approaching your tail (their abilities can't kill you). If they ARE approaching your tail, turn quickly around and see if you can kill them to regain a bit of health. If you can't kill them, but cause them to run away, return to running to the volcano and its big healing stone. Also, if you aren't paying attention to your lava, there is an obvious visual queue (your wings turn completely black) that you are low on lava, so then would be a great time to return to the lava.
Scrapped Black Dragon
This version of the Black Dragon existed a long time ago. Very few unedited screenshots exist of it, but it might have had an ability that produced a stream of fire from its mouth. This ability is believed to have instantly destroyed any animal it touched. Related to the King Dragon. This incredible power may be the reason it was removed, and why the Black Dragon was so hard to get (possibly 100M XP) before it was removed.
Since the #GoldenAge update of December 2019, many people have expressed their extreme dislike that Black Dragons are easily able to be killed since the rarity of rares was extremely buffed.
Even since their rarity was buffed a little more, there have been multiple complaints that Black Dragons have a challenge to survive from the many teaming rares, making it practically impossible to get to King Dragon. Additionally, the special ability of BDs are a poor match against those from the Dino Monster and T-REX.
- The Black Dragon (before it was "officially" released) used to upgrade at 100M, but that was changed to 5M on Dec 1st, and then, it was changed to 10M in April 9.
- When the game first came out, the Black Dragon had a mass of 10M, just like now. a black dragon next to a mouse
- It and the King Dragon are currently the only animals that can truly "downgrade" without dying.
- The Black Dragon was the few animals to be removed, then added back.
- This animal was "truly" released on October 4, 2017. It was finally added after 2 months and 20 days of no animals added.
- The Black Dragon used to have a flying ability, where it was able to fly high. It would only work with full lava, and would instantly take the lava bar down by half.
- If you activate the old texture its eyes will not be connected to the body.
- In the update's image with the Black Dragon, the Black Dragon's name says "hey man".
- The Black Dragon, along with the Phoenix and Land Monster, are considered to be the only three volcanic animals.
- It's the only animal to have it's old skin as a re-color of the dragon.
- It gets so big that the developers had to use a 1000x1000 image instead of a normal 500x500 image.
- The Black Dragon and King Dragon are the only animals that can eat breakable foods (foods with health bars) in one hit.
- Has the most skin changes other than the Eagle.
- Its the only two animals to get removed then added again into the game, the other being the Lemming.
- It used to have an flying ability and a text that appeared when it reached 40M XP saying, "Whoa! You have grown so big, now you can fly-high in the Sky." This was accessible until the May 13, 2018 Birds Update.
- In the next update, it was thought that the Black Dragon will most likely have a tail-slap ability. To use it, you will probably press
E, and if you are in water, you will make 3 big waves. (However the tail slap was moved to King Dragon instead).
- There was formerly a glitch where if you died as Black Dragon, you would spawn with 2.15B XP, which is the maximum amount that can be recorded whilst playing. It was soon patched.